This month we highlight our talented instructor, Shelby Wilcox! Shelby teaches Spin, Les Mills Body Pump, and Les Mills CXWorx. Join Shelby in her classes:
- Tuesday 5:20 am Spin in North Liberty
- Wednesday 5:20 am Body Pump in North Liberty
- Friday 5:20 am Spin/CXWorx in North Liberty
- Saturday 8:15 am Spin at East
- Saturday 9:00 am Body Pump at East
The Journey to Becoming an Instructor
I have been a fitness and activity junkie my whole life. I grew up as a dancer and was on the Dance Team at the University of Iowa. After college I got into group fitness and finally took the leap to become a Body Pump instructor 2 1/2 years ago. I was pregnant with my son at the time. After the birth of our daughter, I decided to also get certified as a spin instructor. I have had the opportunity to teach group fitness classes all over the country and even in Barbados!!! I am looking forward to CXWorx certification and so much more! I love teaching and watching people progress in not only their strength, but also confidence in what they can really achieve. What a wonderful gift to be trusted to assist someone in their wellness journey! It is something that I will never take for granted.
Get to know Shelby
If you could have a super power what would it be? Flying!!!
What is your guilty pleasure? Anything Salted Caramel!!!!
What do you like to do in your free time? Playing with my kids and traveling!
If you had one wish, what would it be? Sappy time...to have my kids grow up healthy, safe and happy.
What is your favorite exercise? Squat Plate Push-press...hello multi-tasking movement!
If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be? GO!
If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be stranded with and what 5 things would you want to have with you?
I’d want my husband and my kiddo's, obviously :)
2. Comfy bed
3. Sunscreen :)
4. A really great book
5. A boat...so that I could get UNstranded!
Would You Rather?
- Watch tv or read a book? TV (sad but true).
- Have a night our or evening in? In, for sure.
- Go climbing or zip lining? Climbing.
- Camp in an RV or stay in a tent? Tent.
- Swim in a pool or an ocean? Ocean, every time.
- Play dodgeball or kickball? Kickball.